Neurosurgery and neurology involve diagnosing and treating problems with the nervous system, the spinal cord and the brain. The failure to diagnose and treat such problems can have devastating effects.
Common claims involving neurologists and neurosurgeons involve failing to test, identify, manage, diagnose and treat problems with the nervous system. Claims often arise as a result of medical neglect relating to:
- the treatment of traumatic brain injuries
- diagnosis and treatment of brain / spinal tumours
- treatment of headaches and migraines
- controlling epilepsy and seizures
- the diagnosis and treatment of alzheimer’s and forms of dementia
- the treatment of strokes and transient ischaemic attacks (TIAs)
- treating facial pain
- balancing disorders
- late diagnosis / misdiagnosis and treatment of conditions such as Parkinson’s disease and Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- diagnosis and treatment of tingling, pins and needles, numbness, muscle weakness, pains and cramps
- fluid / water on the brain (hydrocephalus)
- spinal disc herniation
- treatment of sleep apnoea / sleeping disorders.
If you would like to discuss making a claim for compensation as a result of your neurology or neurosurgery treatment please call our Clinical and Medical Negligence lawyers on Freephone: 0808 164 0808 for a FREE, no-obligation chat. Alternatively, please complete the request a call back form and we will call you.