An injury to the chest area can be internal or external and include any part of the chest, lungs or heart.
Our personal injury, industrial disease and medical negligence lawyers have dealt with a wide range of injury and illness compensation claims concerning the chest region.
Impact of chest injuries
Chest injuries can be extremely painful and result in long-term lung and heart damage.
Common injuries or illness to the chest region may include but are not limited to:
- bleeding heart
- broken / fractured ribs
- cardiac tamponade – blood and fluid in the sac surrounding the heart
- collapsed lungs (pneumothorax) – occurs when the space between the lung and the chest wall fills with air, putting pressure on the lung and causing it to collapse
- hemothorax – blood in the chest cavity
- industrial related lung diseases such as: asbestosis, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD), chronic lung disease, emphysema, lung cancer and mesothelioma
- loss of lung function or loss of lung
- penetrating chest wound
- soft tissue injury
Common accidents resulting in a chest injury
Common accident circumstances that can cause an injury to the chest area include but are not limited to:
- construction site accidents
- exposure to hazardous substances
- factory accidents
- manual handling accidents
- physical assaults
- road traffic accidents (RTA)
- sporting accidents and collisions
If you or a loved one has had an accident or developed a disease of the chest, lungs or heart due to the negligence of another and would like to make a claim for compensation please speak to our lawyers for a FREE, no-obligation chat. Our Personal Injury (PI), Industrial Disease and Medical Negligence lawyers can be contacted on Freephone: 0808 164 0808. Alternatively, you can complete the request a call back form and we will call you.