At Lime Solicitors we are committed both to the welfare of our team and continuing to provide excellent service to our clients at this difficult time.
Our business is operating normally, however, following government advice, most of our team are now working remotely, with minimal staffing in our offices.
If you want to speak to us please request a callback and we will call you. Alternatively, you can email your file handler directly or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the interests of health and safety please do not visit our offices.
Information for Third-Party Solicitors
FAO: The Compliance Office for Legal Practice
Please see below letter from our COLP regarding proposed steps in light of the COVID situation
Our Ref: COLP/COVID19
Date: 02 April 2020
Please Ask For: Richard Thorpe
Dear Third-Party Solicitors,
COVID19 – MUTUAL CO-OPERATION
It is several weeks since Shakespeare Martineau commenced business continuity operations in light of the then growing threat from COVID-19. Since then we have all been ‘re-writing the rule book’ as these unprecedented circumstances evolve.
Shakespeare Martineau, including its specialist consumer and volume businesses Lime Solicitors and Corclaim, has an extensive litigation practice. COVID-19 has introduced challenges which we have met head-on. These are some of the actions we are taking:
- All of our litigation teams can and are working remotely. All land-lines have been diverted to individuals’ mobile telephones; we are as connected by telephone as we have always been.
- In extant (already issued and served) proceedings will accept service of documents by email to email@example.com and cc’d to the email address(es) for the fee earner(s) who has been your regular contact(s) on cases.
- We will conduct client and multi-party meetings via Zoom or other platforms.
- Wherever possible will take part in court proceedings remotely.
- We will exchange documents via password protected PDF, Mimecast or, if appropriate, one of our data room facilities.
- We are working electronically and are only sending hard copy documents when we have no choice.
- When sending electronic payments, we will telephone you to confirm your bank details.
- We will work pragmatically with you to ensure directions can be met or, if needs be, varied by consent. We believe it is vital that we and our peers work maintains the public’s trust in our profession to ensure the justice system continues to operate.
Needless to say, we hope you will endeavour to correspond with us electronically and only send hard copy post when absolutely necessary.
General Counsel & COLP, Shakespeare Martineau