How our military injuries specialists can help

military injuries frequently asked questions

To begin bringing your military injury claim, we recommend you seek legal advice in the first instance. One of our solicitors will be able to talk you through your options and next steps. 
Below are some examples of some of the army injury claims our military injury lawyers can advise on:  
  • armed forces cold exposure injury claims/non-freezing cold injury 
  • armed forces medical negligence claims 
  • armed forces noise induced hearing loss compensation claims 
  • armed forces training injury claims 
  • parachute accidents 
  • skin cancer compensation claims 
  • asbestos claims against the Ministry of Defence (MOD) 
  • injuries caused by unsafe or defective equipment or accommodation 
  • inquests and fatality claims 
  • chronic fatigue conditions 
  • bullying 
  • PTSD and psychological conditions following service 
  • boxing accidents 
  • lariam (mefloquine) compensation claims
  • road traffic accident compensation claims 
The vast majority of armed forces compensation payments are made by the MoD. This can vary depending on your case, so it’s best to seek legal advice from your solicitor. 
If you return to your service after recovering from an injury, there’s no reason why you should be treated any differently for having taken legal action. This should also not affect your likelihood of climbing the ranks.  If the MoD has paid you compensation, this money would have been taken from a separate pot, so as not to affect the quality of equipment or other resources needed by your military unit. 
Like with any military injury claim, the true amount of the compensation you could be awarded depends on the situation. In terms of army deafness claims, it will depend on the rehabilitation plan you’ve received, any adaptations that have been necessary at home, and a host of other influencing factors. 
You may be wondering how bringing a military injury claim works. We’ve broken it down for you below: 
  • A letter of claim will be sent by your solicitor to the MoD to begin the process 
  • Your solicitor will then require copies of your medical notes from the military, so they can assess the true extent of your injury 
  • The MoD will conduct an investigation by liaising with your unit and any other fellow military personnel, who could provide witness statements or further evidence as to how you acquired your injury 
  • If you require rehabilitation or other medical support, your solicitor will be able to help 
  • The compensation will then be calculated. To finalise a true figure, the severity of your injury, your medical expenses, your loss of income and other contributing factors will be taken into account. It is then the job of the MoD to pay you this lump sum 
 Note: You will only be awarded compensation if the MoD accepts liability. If they don’t, your claim will transfer to court proceedings and may go to trial. We understand you may be concerned about this, but rest assured we do our best to reach a fair agreement with the MoD in these scenarios, and will be there to support you throughout the entire process.   In addition to bringing a claim against the MoD, you can make a claim under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.

Supporting people who have been injured whilst serving in the military

Amputation Foundation

Kind words from our clients

Get in touch with our no win, no fee military injuries solicitors today

If you need to talk to someone sooner you can call us for free on 0808 164 0808

Contact us now

Icon of a speechbubble chat window