How our car accident claims specialists can help

car accident claims frequently asked questions

When involved in a car accident it is useful if the following information can be obtained: 
  • Name and address of the negligent driver; 
  • Name and address of the negligent driver’s employer if they are driving a work’s vehicle; 
  • Registration, make and model of the negligent driver’s vehicle; 
  • Negligent driver’s insurance details – name, address, policy number and the name of the policy holder; 
  • Photographs of the damage to the vehicles; 
  • Names and addresses of anyone who witnesses the accident; 
  • Name of the police officer who took down the details and the accident reference if the police attended the scene. 
Unfortunately this can sometimes happen. If the negligent driver leaves the scene immediately, you should call the police. Claims like this will then be pursued through the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB).  
If the negligent driver doesn’t have valid motor insurance, the same rule applies as above. You must alert the police immediately, and after that the claim will be dealt with by the Motor Insurers Bureau.  
As with any personal injury claim or medical negligence claim, the time limit for bringing a compensation claim is three years from the date of your accident. To claim for a child under the age of 18, you have no time limit. However, once they turn 18 and they still haven’t claimed, they have three years from their birthday to do so. 

Supporting people and families injured in car accidents

Kind words from our clients

Other transport & road traffic accidents claims we can help with

Get in touch with our no win, no fee car accident claims solicitors today

If you need to talk to someone sooner you can call us for free on 0808 164 0808

Contact us now

Icon of a speechbubble chat window