Childbirth can be very stressful. Hospitals usually offer anaesthesia and/or pain relief once your labour is well established. Taking the option to have anaesthesia for pain relief is usually safe for everyone, however on some occasions things can go wrong and mistakes can be made.
Injuries may occur where there is a failure:
- to administer the correct dosage of anaesthesia
- to administer anaesthesia correctly resulting in nerve damage
- of improper administration causing seizures and or cardiac arrest
- delay in administering anaesthesia resulting in psychological and physical harm
- failure to provide enough anaesthetic during a caesarean section
If you would like to discuss making a claim for compensation as a result of problems caused by anaesthesia errors during birth or pregnancy please call our medical negligence team on Freephone: 0808 164 0808 for a FREE, no-obligation chat. Alternatively, you can request a call back and we will call you.