RIDDOR – Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013

Employers, the self-employed and individuals in control of work premises are responsible persons for the purpose of “Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences” under the regulations and are responsible for submitting reports to the Health & Safety Executive (HSE).

Members of the public, injured persons and their representatives are unfortunately unable to use the RIDDOR reporting system.

If someone has died or has been injured due to a work-related accident then this may have to be reported. Not all accidents need to be reported only those that are work related and fall within a specific type.

RIDDOR – Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013

Reportable incident types under the regulations include:

  • The death of any person at work (with the exception of suicide). Acts of physical violence to a worker must be reported.
  • Specified injuries to workers:
  • Incapacitation of a worker for more than seven days. If an employee or a self-employed individual is away from work, or unable to perform their normal work duties for more than seven consecutive days (excluding the day of the accident) as a result of the injury then it must be reported.
  • Certain occupational diseases must be reported including:
  • Dangerous occurrences – are certain, specified near-miss events. Not all events are reportable but detailed guidance is shown on the HSE website
  • If someone has died, lost consciousness or been taken to hospital as a result of a gas incident.

If you would like to speak to one of our personal injury or industrial disease lawyers please call Lime Solicitors on freephone 0808 164 0808 for a free, no-obligation chat. Alternatively, you can complete the request a call back form and we will call you.