If you or a loved one has been injured in a factory accident then you may be able to bring a claim for compensation. Call our accident injury lawyers on Freephone: 0808 164 0808 for a free, no-obligation chat or complete the request a call back form to start a free case assessment.
Factory work environments can result in injury and illness for employees and others visiting the factory such as plumbers, electricians and those making deliveries. Each factory is different, with various processes, machinery and equipment, all of which can pose a hazard if reasonable steps are not taken to protect against injury or ill health.If you have been injured or made ill due to working in a factory then our accident at work solicitors may be able to help you make a factory accident or illness compensation claim.
Employers and factory owners are required, as far as is reasonably practical, to ensure that their workers and visitors to the site are safe and their health is maintained.
Circumstances leading to illness or injury in factories
There are a wide variety of circumstances that can lead to an illness or injury within a factory, including:
- falls from height, ladders or platforms
- malfunctioning / broken equipment or dangerous machinery
- slipping, tripping or falling on spillages or obstructions in walkways or on the factory floor
- trapping fingers, hands, arms or other body parts in equipment or machinery
- exposure to harmful chemicals
- lifting and manual handling injuries
- accidents involving forklift trucks or other on-site vehicles
- loud, noisy equipment or machinery causing noise induced hearing loss (NIHL)
- exposure to asbestos
- working with vibrating equipment causing vibration white finger (VWF) or hand arm vibration syndrome (HAVS)
- repetitive strain injury (RSI)
It is still possible to bring a claim for compensation if the accident in the factory was caused by the negligent acts of another member of staff, as the company is liable for the actions of its employees.
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury or illness as a result of a working in a factory and would like to make a claim for compensation please speak to our team of specialist accident at work Personal Injury (PI) lawyers or our Industrial Disease lawyers on Freephone: 0808 164 0808 for a free, no-obligation chat or complete the request a call back form and we will call you.