Chronic pain syndrome (CPS) is debilitating and affects sufferers both mentally and physically.

Chronic pain compensation claims can arise as a result of a road traffic accident or workplace injury; and common chronic pain conditions include:

Specialist advice

Chronic pain syndrome compensation claims can be very difficult to present but our serious injury lawyers will work closely with rheumatologists, occupational therapists, nurses and pain management experts to help you get the help and compensation you deserve.

When assessing the impact of chronic pain upon a victim’s life for a compensation claim we will consider:

  • the degree of pain experienced
  • the overall impact and fluctuations of the symptoms on mobility, ability to function and the need for care and assistance. Symptoms can include fatigue, cognitive function impairments, muscle weakness, headaches etc.
  • the impact upon the client’s ability to work
  • medication requirements
  • whether the condition is limited to one part of the body or if it is widespread
  • the presence of any separately identifiable psychiatric disorder and the impact that this disorder can have upon the perception of the pain
  • the age of the client
  • the medical expert’s prognosis

It is well understood that those suffering with chronic pain can experience psychological symptoms and psychiatric disorders; since living with long-term pain can be very distressing and result in depression and anxiety.

I already have a solicitor but they are not listening to me. Can I change?

Sometimes in particularly complex cases you may feel like your solicitor does not understand you and is not listening to how affected you are as a result of the accident. This may be because they do not have the specialist knowledge to deal with your claim. Chronic pain cases require a specialist solicitor to act on your behalf.

You have the freedom to choose who handles your claim. You can change solicitors at any time during your personal injury claim. You do not need to give your solicitor a reason for wanting to change.

If you wish to change solicitor we would recommend you do so quickly. We will write to your solicitors and request your file, confirming that we will preserve their entitlement to legal costs so there is no charge to you.

Please contact our specialist team on 0808 164 0808 if you are unhappy with your solicitor.

Contact us

If you or a loved one have been involved in an accident that was not your fault and have been diagnosed with a chronic pain syndrome (CPS) please call one of our serious or catastrophic Personal Injury (PI) lawyers on Freephone 0808 164 0808 for a FREE, no-obligation chat. Alternatively, you can complete the request a call back form and we will call you.