We help motorcyclists injured as a result of a non-fault accident to recover compensation, rehabilitation; and a replacement motorbike, leathers and helmet from the individual or organisation responsible for the accident.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident that was the fault of another then you may be able to bring a claim for compensation. Call our injury and medical negligence lawyers on Freephone: 0808 164 0808 for a free, no-obligation chat or complete the request a call back form to start a free case assessment.
The majority of motorcycling accidents often arise as a result of:
- another motorist emerging into the path of a motorcyclist
- another motorist turning across the path of the motorbike
- a third party rear-end shunting the biker
- collisions at, or near, a road junction, with T-junctions being a particularly high risk collision area
- another vehicle changing lane into the biker’s path
- impacts at roundabouts
- a parked vehicle opening a door into the path of the motorbike causing the rider to swerve into another vehicle or hit the ground
- Pedestrians stepping out negligently into the motorbike’s path
- uneven road surfaces, poorly maintained roads, potholes or failure by local authorities to keep the road surface in a safe condition
- accidents as a result of a defective motorbike or motorcycle part (Product Liability claims)
Common motorcyclist injuries
Injuries as a result of a motorbike accident can be severe. Our motorcycling accident specialists have represented individuals who have sustained a range of injuries including but not limited to:
- head injuries – ranging from fatal skull fractures and brain injuries to minor concussion and cuts
- spinal injuries
- limb injuries – with over 40% suffering an arm injury and in excess of 25% suffering leg injuries
- psychiatric injury
- chest / abdomen injuries
Catastrophic and fatal motorcycling accidents
Our expert team of motorcyclist lawyers have also represented families in fatal accident compensation claims or in circumstances where a motorcyclist has been seriously and catastrophically injured. In these situations our catastrophic injury lawyers will seek to secure an early interim compensation payment to ease financial hardship. We will also consider the appropriateness of personal injury trusts to ensure that benefits are protected and will work with our private client solicitors to arrange any Court of Protection needs should the injured individual be unable to manage their own financial affairs.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a motorcycling or motorbike accident and you would like to discuss a personal injury claim or a dependency claim please call our specialist lawyers on Freephone 0808 164 0808 for a FREE, no-obligation chat. Alternatively, you can complete the request a call back form and we will call you.
If the matter is particularly urgent we can arrange for a solicitor to meet you at home or at hospital.