Motorbike accidents can be catastrophic and in some instances, fatal. They can cause individuals and families to suffer at the hands of someone else’s mistakes. We understand the severity of these types of accidents, and have plenty of experience helping victims with their motorcycle accident claims.
Can I claim compensation for injuries in a motorcycle accident?
Yes, you can. Our team of motorcycle attorneys help motorcyclists, who are injured as a result of non-fault accidents, to recover compensation and rehabilitation requirements. We also help motorcyclists acquire replacement motorbikes, leathers and helmets from the individual or organisation responsible for the accident.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident that was the fault of another, then you may be able to claim compensation. Call our motorbike accident solicitors on 0808 164 0808 or request a call back, and we will call you.
How do motorbike accidents happen?
From our experience handling motorcycle claims, we’ve come across a variety of different scenarios that have led to a collision and the victim pursuing a motorcycle accident lawsuit. The majority of motorcycling accidents are often caused by:
- another motorist merging into the path of a motorcyclist
- another motorist turning across the path of the motorbike
- a third party rear-end shunting the biker
- collisions at, or near, a road junction, with T-junctions being a particularly high risk collision area
- another vehicle changing lane into the biker’s path
- impacts at roundabouts
- a parked vehicle opening a door into the path of the motorbike causing the rider to swerve into another vehicle or hit the ground
- pedestrians stepping out negligently into the motorbike’s path
- potholes and uneven road surfaces, poorly maintained roads or failure by local authorities to keep the road surface in a safe condition
- accidents as a result of a defective motorbike or motorcycle part (Product Liability claims)
If you’ve been involved in an accident and with to make a motorcycle personal injury claim, get in touch today.
What are the common motorcyclist injuries?
Injuries as a result of a motorbike accident can be severe, and cause individuals to experience a loss of income, and even require home adaptations as a result. Our motorcycling accident specialists have represented individuals who have sustained a range of injuries including but not limited to:
- head injuries – ranging from fatal skull fractures and brain injuries to minor concussion and cuts
- spinal injuries
- limb injuries – with over 40% suffering an arm injury and in excess of 25% suffering leg injuries
- psychiatric injury
- chest / abdomen injuries
Catastrophic and fatal motorcycle accidents
In these situations our motorbike injury claims lawyers will seek to secure an early interim compensation payment to ease financial hardship. We will also consider personal injury trusts to ensure benefits are protected and will work with our private client solicitors to arrange any Court of Protection needs, should the injured individual be unable to manage their own financial affairs.
How much compensation for a motorcycle accident?
The amount of compensation you receive will depend entirely on the circumstances of your case. Some accidents are worse than others, and also the lasting effects on the individual involved will be considered before a sum is decided.
If you choose to bring a claim with the support of our motorbike accident solicitors, we’ll ensure you have full transparency throughout the case.
Contact our motorcycle accident solicitors today
If you or a loved one have been involved in a motorcycling or motorbike accident and you would like to discuss a motorbike personal injury claim or a dependency claim, please feel free to call us on 0808 164 0808. You can also request a call back, or visit our contact us page for more information.
If the matter is particularly urgent we can arrange for one of our solicitors to meet you at home or at hospital.