If you or a loved one have been injured as a result of an accident that was not your fault then you may be able to bring a Personal Injury (PI) compensation claim. Personal Injury claims for compensation consist of two elements: general damages and special damages.
General damages are paid to compensate you for the pain, suffering and loss of amenity suffered as a result of your accident. The level of damages is decided either via negotiation through the claims process or as a result of a Court decision. The level of damages is calculated upon the severity of your injuries and your long-term recovery prognosis.
Special Damages are based upon the level of financial losses you have incurred as a result of the accident. They can include expenses such as:
- loss of earnings
- medical and rehabilitation treatment
- travelling expenses
- vehicle repairs
- damage to clothing or other personal items
- home adaptations
Types of personal injury claims
Our personal injury lawyers deal with many types of personal injury compensation claims including:
- serious or catastrophic injury
- road traffic accident (RTA)
- pedestrian compensation claims
- cyclist compensation claims
- motorcyclist compensation claims
- compensation for accidents that have occurred abroad
- animal bites and animal attacks
- non surgical and botox cosmetic treatment
- group compensation claims
- falls, slipping and tripping accidents
- carbon monoxide poisoning
- accidents in public spaces
- occupier’s liability accidents
It is important to note that there are strict time limits within which to begin a legal action for Personal Injury. Generally, you have three years from the date of accident to bring a claim, although there are a few exceptions, which our legal team will be able to advise you upon.
The Lime Solicitors Personal Injury team provide other services in addition to recovery of compensation. We assist with:
- accident investigation
- home adaptations
- interim payments to ease hardship
- professional negligence of Insurers or Legal advisors
- public enquiries
- private client services such as:
- rehabilitation and care support
- replacement vehicles.
If you, or a loved one, have been injured and would like to speak to one of our personal injury lawyers to see if you have a claim for compensation, please call our Personal Injury (PI) lawyers on Freephone: 0808 164 0808 for a free, no-obligation chat or complete the request a call back form and we will call you.