How our industrial disease specialists can help

industrial disease frequently asked questions

There are a couple of things you can do if you are unsure. Firstly, if you have not already seen a doctor about your symptoms then you should make an appointment with your GP as soon as possible. Secondly, if you have been diagnosed, or investigations are underway but you are still unsure if your injury has been caused by your past employment, you can speak to a member of our team who will be able to discuss your injury and work history with you and give a preliminary view on what the cause might be.
Once the compensation has been paid to you, that money is yours and will form part of your estate when you die. You can therefore include it in your Will and pass it to your family or to charitable organisations as you would with any other assets you have.
This does not prevent you from making a claim. The claim is made against the company’s insurers, who are much more likely to still be in existence. We can make enquiries with the Employers’ Liability Tracing Office, an organisation that keeps a database of employers’ liability insurance policies, to try and identify the relevant insurance company for your former employer at the time you worked there.
In all likelihood no. 95% of our cases are settled without the need to go to court. Most are negotiated and settle many months before any trial date.

Kind words from our clients

Get in touch with our no win, no fee industrial disease solicitors today

If you need to talk to someone sooner you can call us for free on 0808 164 0808

Contact us now

Icon of a speechbubble chat window