If you or a loved one have suffered as a result of negligent or abusive treatment in a Care Home then our team of abuse and negligence lawyers may be able to help you bring a claim for compensation.
All Care Home providers have a responsibility to ensure that they protect their residents from harm. Unfortunately, some Care Home providers and their staff do not always provide an appropriate or adequate level of care, which can lead to an injury, long-term health issues and in some instances death.
In addition to the circumstances explored above it may be possible to bring a claim for compensation if the injury or abuse was caused by another resident, as Care Home providers are obliged to put appropriate measures in place to avoid harm or abuse from other residents in the home.
Types of abuse or neglect
Our Care Home abuse and negligence lawyers deal with a wide range of Care Home abuse and neglect compensation claims including, but not limited to:
- abuse – emotional, financial, physical and sexual
- bed sores – also known as pressure sores or ulcers
- dehydration and malnourishment
- falls, slips and trips as a result of a lack of adequate supervision
- manual handling errors resulting in an injury or fracture when transferring Care Home residents around the home
- medication and prescription errors.
Signs that may indicate neglect or abuse
Common signs of abuse or neglect within a Care Home can include, but is not limited to:
- bed sores, pressure sores and ulcers
- cuts and bruises
- medication errors
- personal hygiene issues
- signs of fearfulness or a change in the resident’s behaviour.
If you suspect that your loved one is receiving negligent or abusive treatment; or you are a Care Home resident who does not know what to do then please contact a member of our Personal Injury abuse and negligence lawyers for guidance. Our team can be contacted on Freephone: 0808 164 0808 for a FREE, no-obligation chat. Alternatively, you can complete the request a call back form and we will call you.