How our long-term & elderly care disputes specialists can help

long-term & elderly care disputes frequently asked questions

If a local authority has made a decision regarding your or your loved one's care, and you wish to challenge this, our team can help you. Sometimes a local authority will carry out a care assessment that may conclude that you are not eligible to receive help towards your care, or you might feel that your or your loved one's needs haven't been fully taken into consideration. Challenging a local authority care or financial assessment isn't something to take lightly - we recommend speaking with our team in the first instance. We can talk to you and get to know your situation, before providing appropriate guidance on how to proceed. It may be that you wish to seek an independent review into a decision, which again is something we can help you with from start to finish.
The NHS Continuing Healthcare Scheme is set up to help fund adults who are in need of care, mentally or physically. Usually, these care needs exceed social care needs and are related to an individual's health. Due to this nature of care needs, it may be seen that the person who needs the care should not be paying for it, and it should be funded by the government through the NHS CHC. When applying for CHC funding help, there is a checklist of NHS funded nursing care eligibility criteria that must be met and further assessments will be carried out if someone is deemed eligible. Following the checklist stage, the local NHS CHC team will reach out to a Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) to carry out a full assessment for eligibility. Following that, the MDT will liaise with the Integrated Care Boards (ICB) who are responsible for commissioning the NHS CHC. Unfortunately, many people who apply to this scheme may not be eligible. Being told you are not eligible for help can be very distressing for people and their families, and not knowing what steps to take or how to proceed can add to an already emotional time. That's where we come in. Our long-term and elderly care solicitors can help you challenge the NHS CHC if you disagree with their decision. We'll help put together the evidence you need to make sure your health, or the health of your loved one, is properly considered by the MDT and ICB.
Long-Term & Elderly Care Disputes legal services

Supporting people and families wishing to challenge long-term care decisions

Kind words from our clients

Get in touch with our no win, no fee long-term & elderly care disputes solicitors today

If you need to talk to someone straight away you can call us for free on 0808 164 0808

Complete our form for a callback as soon as possible

Other NHS & private hospital negligence claims we can help with

Icon of a speechbubble chat window