Legal Director – Personal Injury
Julie has been with the firm for over 37 years and is now a Legal Director with Lime. She is an experienced fee earner having dealt with personal injury claims since 1997. Julie started out with the firm as an Office Junior before becoming the Senior Partner’s PA. Following 4 years’ part time study, she qualified as a Legal Executive in 2001, and with another 4 years’ studying qualified as a Solicitor in 2006 before being promoted to her present position of Legal Director.
Julie represents clients from all walks of life throughout the country. She deals with all types of claims for adults and children including road traffic accidents; be it in a vehicle or as a pedestrian, accidents at work, slips and trips whether it be on the pavement or in a shop or any public place, product liability (injuries caused by faulty items), accidents abroad and fatality claims.
Julie has developed her own niche area and represents clients who have suffered an injury
- following beauty salon treatments – especially laser hair removal
- caused by animals including dog bites, cattle attacks and horse bucking
No matter how small or big the claim is, Julie will deal with each case with the same straight talking, enthusiasm, experience and dedication.
Julie has given live interviews on local radio talking about topical issues, has appeared on a Sky legal channel talking about personal injury claims and has had a double spread article in The Times newspaper following an interview about her own career with the firm.
- Julie acted for a Magistrate who suffered severe injuries as a result of an animal attack whilst walking along a public footpath through a field. Despite waking up in hospital and having no recollection as to how she sustained the injuries, Julie was able to successfully argue that the type of injuries suffered could only have stemmed from an attack by one of the cows in the field. Investigations showed that the cow had become very protective over her calf. The farmer had been negligent by keeping the cow with its calf in that particular field where the public had a right of way. Julie’s client was awarded over £20,000.
- Julie represented a young Asian lady who suffered burns, pigmentation damage and permanent scarring following laser hair removal treatment. The salon had conducted the treatment in a one 5 hour sitting and had the laser set too high. This was very traumatic for the client who had undergone the treatment in readiness for her marriage and as a result of the blistering (which became infected), loss of skin and pigmentation; she was not able to participate in many of the pre-wedding rituals such as mehndi and specific cleansing of the body. She was awarded in excess of £15,000.
- Julie settled a claim for a client who suffered a crushing injury to her hand when a brass soap printer came crashing down due to a machine malfunction at work. The machine had not been maintained and serviced despite faults having been previously reported. As a result of the injury, the client’s hand was severely disfigured and dysfunctional and she was unable to return to work. The client was awarded an amount in excess of £100,000.
When not in the office Julie enjoys spending time in The Gambia, making her way to the King Power Stadium to watch her beloved Leicester City team (she is a season ticket holder) and baking to the standards of The Great British Bake Off (in her head).